Are you an Airport virgin? If yes, this blog will help you turn into a confident frequent flyer. Upon flying for the first time, you might go through a mix of emotions from being excited and nervous both at the same time. Flying is no stress. It just requires gathering complete documents, being on time, and ultimately sit back and relax. Here are a few travel tips to prepare you for the takeoff and make your first flight experience memorable:
1) Online check-in
One crucial step to save time and effort is to do online check-in for your flight. Online check-in will allow you to have a printed boarding pass.
Having a boarding pass beforehand saves a lot of hassle and will help you skip the queues at the airport heading straight towards security check.
2) Reach in time
Airports are uncertain for you can never know about the crowd and the number of people at the airport at a given pint in time. It is unpredictable to calculate the time in clearing the security procedures and other necessary checkpoints.
First-time airport visitors may want to spend some extra time taking a stroll, doing some shopping or satiating your taste buds at the food joints at the airport. As a thumb rule, for an international flight reach approximately 3 hours before your time, and a domestic flight reach 1 hour before your time.
Reaching airport in time you have to keep all the factors in the mind from traffic jams to car breakdown to terminal confirmation for your flight takeoff or other miscellaneous reasons.
Read More: Best Places To Visit in India in Winter
3) Baggage- Types and rules
To reach in time, you need to know about the types of baggage and its management. There is Carry-on baggage, checked-in baggage, personal items. It is essential to know the rules of each baggage and what all items are allowed to bring for each. The weight and items allowed for every baggage can be checked in the below breakdown:
- Check-in baggage– This luggage contains items that are stored in the cargo area of the aircraft, and you do not have access to it during your flight. For check-in baggage, its weight and size have to be checked before dropping in.
The baggage has to be dropped at the check-in desk after the weight has been checked. The allowed weight is different for various airlines.
Some airlines give you a complimentary service for your baggage included in the flight ticket, while others require you to purchase the checked baggage.
- Carry-on baggage is carried in the overhead bin. The weight and size of the carry-on baggage is lesser than the check-in baggage allowance. You can store your essential stuff in your carry-on baggage.
Many items are not allowed to take in your carry-on baggage like liquor over 100ml, any weapon, and other dangerous goods. The air ticket is inclusive of the cost of the carry-on baggage.
- Personal items include small items such as a handy bag or a rucksack. Personal items are handy and portable during your flight.
The Baggage rules
- Prior baggage weighing
To avoid any weight discrepancy at the airport, weigh your baggage on scales at home. If your baggage is over the allowed weight, it will cost you an additional fee for the excess baggage.
- Identifying your baggage
To identify your baggage from the baggage belt, mark your baggage by wrapping a coloured ribbon/ belt around it or sticking a note on it. This will help you identify and pull your baggage easily from the conveyer belt saving a lot of hassle and time.
- Checking your flight status
Keep a constant check on your flight status to avoid any confusion in boarding your flight in time.
- Travel documents
Check all your documents thoroughly before leaving. Important documents include Passport, ID proof, visa documents and boarding pass.
- Dress comfortably
Opt for a comfortable dressing that will make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your air journey. Travelling in uncomfortable clothes may make you feel restricted.
- Currency Exchange
Whenever you are flying international, it is always beneficial to get your currency exchanged in advance. Do not wait till the end moment and get it converted at the airport as the exchange companies at the airport may give you a very low conversion rate.
Get your money exchanged with a reputed exchange company to get a better exchange.
Good manners never go out of fashion. Ensure to practice good manners while on a plane. Everyone is in a common space, and it makes all the more important to practice your etiquettes for a good experience for all.
Some Good Airplane Manners Include:
- Flight Attendants – Flight Attendants are there to make your travel smooth and safe. Be attentive to all the safety instructions and be courteous to the crew when they are serving food and snacks.
- Window Coverings – Be considerate and do not open the window coverings when people are sleeping.
- Lights – This code of conduct is applicable for phones, tablets, and lights. Do not turn on the lights and be conscious about your lights usage while others are sleeping. Be mindful of the light brightness of your device.
- Chair Etiquette – Be careful with your chair leaning as it can disturb the other passengers.
5) Finance for your travel
Your first travel can be financially exhausting for you as you will be an awe of things and places around. To avoid any financial instability post-trip, you can opt for financing your trip with a loan facility.
Many institutions and banks provide you with loan facilities. You can borrow installment loans for bad credit. This facility is also available as an option. Do not worry about your unfavorable credit status. You can borrow funds and make memories for a lifetime.
Make good memories
The frequent you travel, the better and faster you will get at travelling. Do not let the fear of travelling discourage you.
Read More: Best Places to Visit in Goa | Tour India