WES for Canada
Photo Credit: wes.org

WES Canada is a well-known Canadian equivalency service that makes it easy, cheap, and clear to evaluate your education credentials so that you can apply for Express Entry or any other IRCC immigration program.

Every foreigner who wants to move to Canada must go through the WES (World Education Services) evaluation process. These two evaluation services can help immigrants figure out if they are eligible to apply for the Canadian Express Entry program to get permanent residency.

If you want to move to Canada through a PR, one of the first things you need to do is get an ECA for Canada. This means having your credentials evaluated, and you need to find an approved agency that can do this for you.

What is WES in Canada?

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have chosen World Education Services (WES) to do Educational Credential Assessments (ECAs). An ECA is used to figure out the worth of degrees and diplomas that were earned outside of Canada.

World Education Services is shortened to WES. It is mostly a test of education that compares the academic credentials of your country with those of another country with a similar grading system.

  • The U.S., Canada, and a few other countries all have their own standards for judging students’ work. So, a WES Assessment gives them a standardized way to compare their grades.
  • WES Report can give you the right to try to get a license to do your job.
  • It is a non-profit organization that helps immigrants in the country of their choice reach their educational or career goals.
  • The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada has given WES for Canada a seal of approval (ACESC). It gives advice that doesn’t have to be followed by changing foreign academic documents into their Canadian equivalents.

What is the Purpose of WES?

A WES credential evaluation is a key step in figuring out how candidates who went to school abroad learned. WES helps colleges, professional licensing boards, and employers by figuring out how degrees and diplomas earned abroad compare to degrees and diplomas earned in the U.S.

Why is WES Canada the most popular choice among Indians for ECA?

World Education Services (WES) is the most popular option for people who want to move to another country because:

  • Offers faster processing of ECA reports (7 business days)
  • Has a simple 3-step process for evaluating
  • and is known around the world for producing high-quality reports with no mistakes.
  • Compared to other assessing bodies, its prices are low and competitive.
  • Has a customer service team that is very helpful.
  • They also have a separate FAQ section for Indians who want to move to Canada. This section is called India FAQ, and it answers important questions about moving to Canada from India.

How Do I Apply for a WES Report?

Do these things

Step 1: Make an account on WES.

Visit the official WES website and fill out all the necessary information to make an account.

Step 2: Submit your documents.

Read all the requirements for the documents before sending them in. Each of your transcripts must be signed and sealed by a notary and translated into English or French.

If your college doesn’t have the option to send papers electronically:

You must send your documents in a sealed envelope so they can be checked.

Step 3: Send in the application so that it can be processed.

After looking over your application and making sure everything is correct, click the “Submit” button. If there are any spelling mistakes or words that are misspelled, the report may take longer to process.

Step 4: Write down the number that appears on the screen as a reference.

For your final visa application, you need to put the WES Reference number on all the papers, envelopes, and letters you send. Your reference number is a WES ID that groups all of your documents together so that processing time doesn’t get slowed down.

How to Send Documents to WES?

You can send documents to WES in two ways:

  • You can ask your school if they can send your transcripts directly to WES. If they will, you’ll need to use the “Academic Records Request Form” on the website and pay the fee that the school requires.
  • In some universities, you have to fill out some forms for the university referral, but it depends on the university and its rules.
  • If your school doesn’t send documents to WES directly. Then, get copies from the university that have been signed and sealed, and put them in an envelope. It was signed and stamped by your University.
  • Take another big envelope and put the sealed and stamped envelope with the transcript in it.
  • Close it and write the full address of WES and the reference number that was made under the WES account.
  • Please write everything clearly on the front of the envelope and don’t fold both the outer and inner envelopes.

How do we check WES Application Status?

You can find out how your application is doing by logging into your WES account with the same information.

  • Your application’s first status will be “Waiting for required documents.”
  • The status will change to “Documents received – Review in Progress” once WES has received the required documents, whether they came from you or the university.
  • “Waiting for verification from the institution” will be the third status: No matter if your university sends documents to WES directly or not, WES needs to check the documents with the institutions that issued them.
  • In some cases, WES will send a copy of the documents you submitted to your school or university and ask them to verify them.
  • Status changed to “Completed”: you’ll be able to see your electronic report in your account.
  • When your evaluation is done, you will most likely get an email. If you log in to your WES account, you can get a PDF copy of your report.

You will also be able to track the progress of your hard copy ECA report using the tracking IDs. However, you don’t need to wait for a hard copy of your report for your Express Entry profile because you already have a PDF version of the report, which is enough to create your Express Entry Profile.

Is WES mandatory?

WES is a private organization that decides if your academic qualifications are the same as Canadian degrees. You need it if you want to study in Canada or move there permanently. While many other groups, like ICAS Canada, CES, and IQAS, can do the same job.

Read More:

33 Best Things to Do in Badlands National Park

33 Best Beaches in Malibu, California